Aims of the role
The role of the Peony cook is to cook a delicious meal for the women attending our Peony space. It is also to make sure that the space is a warm, friendly, and safe space for the women that access Peony.
Peony Volunteers will ensure they flag up safeguarding concerns to staff, and be a supportive listening ear to the women accessing the project. Peony volunteers are not expected to provide casework to the women.
- Must be available to attend a volunteer induction on September 2nd 2022 09:30 - 13:00.
- Shifts: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11:30 - 13:30.
- Available to commit at least one weekday per month, but preferably two for at least one year.
- Willing to attend training, support and feedback sessions and be in regular contact.
- Able to travel to and from St Paul's, Bristol.
- Peony is a woman-only space so this volunteering role is open to women only.
- Ability to keep personal boundaries when working with vulnerable women.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful situation or when there is a conflict.
- Ability to take instruction and direction.
- Good initiative.
- Team working skills.
- Sympathetic to the Christian ethos of One25
Tasks will involve
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen
- Cooking a tasty and nutritious meal for all of the women accessing Peony
- Having client-led conversations with women accessing the project.
- Creating a homely, relaxed atmosphere.
- Supporting women to prepare food and drinks in the project.
- Take direction and instructions from project staff.
- Communicating clearly to project staff around any safeguarding concerns you have about women accessing the project, and sharing other relevant information at the end of each shift.
- Being clear and firm with women around boundaries and project rules.